Monday 13 August 2012

SUMEET SIR's Interview on completing 50 Episodes.


SUMEET RAGHAVAN GETS CANDID ON JAY HIND





Sumeet Raghavan gets candid about Jai Hind
What was your first reaction to taking Jai Hind on the net?
Well, the channels we approached thought it was trouble and I wasn’t a bankable name. But Abhigyaan was clear that he wanted only me, so we joined hands with a portal for a 30-episode run. The encouragement from the viewers was tremendous and it boosted my sagging morale.
When we started out, I didn’t know who’d watch the show. But our youngsters are sharp, Internet friendly and love tongue-in-cheek commentary on real life issues. We’ve found ourselves a whole new audience.
What’s Jai Hind?
Surprisingly, so far, there haven’t been shows made specifically for the web in India. Jai Hind, the producer claims, is the world’s first regular full-length TV show on the net. It’s aired twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays, at 10.10 pm. It has had combined views of approximately 30 million.
Have you been approached for any other Internet show?
Not yet, and frankly, I don’t want to do another show on the Internet.
Now that the show is a success, do you plan to move to TV?
I don’t know if we can do that now, we’d have to really tone it down because the comments are straight in your face. (Laughs) I am sure I would lose 20 million viewers.
But outside of the Internet, no one knows about your show. We plan to have stand-up comedy nights on the lines of Russell Peters and ground activities to ensure that people know about our show.

No comments:

Post a Comment